Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The Misfits

When I was in junior high school, a big group of people I knew were really into the Misfits. The strange thing (other then the fact that they had broken up almost 10 years previously) was that no one actually had a real copy of a Misfits album. They had copies of someone's copy of a tape, or a copy of a copy of a copy, etc. So it always sounded like complete crap. For years I always thought it was because of all the dubbing, and the inherent quality loss there-in.

But then several years ago Linzy bought me an original Misfits CD from some Pawn Shop/Garage Sale/who knows, that sounded exactly like everything I had listened to in Jr. High years and years ago. Who'd have thought the reason the copies of copies sounded like they had been recorded from the room NEXT to the studio, was because that's how it actually sounded.

No comments: