Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Color-changing paint

I was reading Brenden's car-related story and it reminded me of a blog entry I had been meaning to write for a while.

Each day when the weather is decent I take Pippen (our dog) for a walk through the neighborhood. Several weeks ago, I noticed some strange activity at a house a couple of streets away.

One day they were busy moving everything out of the garage.
The next, they had one vehicle in the center of the garage, parked all sideways with newspaper covering the windows.
Things stayed like that for a few days (as near as I could tell as I walked by, trying not to stare).
Several days later, the vehicle was back in the driveway and they were moving everything back into the garage.

Once I got a good look at the car when it was back outside, it became apparent what was going on. The guy repainted it himself in color-changing paint, like what you would see on Pimp My Ride or Cribs (that is, paint that looks like different colors depending on the angle you look at it fromt).

The thing that makes this bizarre is that it was a minivan.

Why would you do that?

It's not even like it is a new minivan, but instead maybe a 1996-1997 Dodge Caravan. And it's what looks like a base model (it has plastic bumpers). Oh, and from what I can tell the guy is married, with kids.

Hopefully he isn't rolling around the clubs trying to pick up the ladies with his spanky paint job. But even if he were, I can't imagine the type of lady who would be impressed with your pimp'd out ride would find it quite as HAWT when your ride is a 1996 Dodge Caravan.

It boggles the mind, and I didn't even discuss how he could paint the car in a non-ventilated garage.

No comments: