Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Movies: Bourne Supremacy

Linzy and I used our free ticket to go see The Bourne Supremacy this weekend. I really enjoyed it, especially considering that I was looking forward to it and thus my expectations were high.

I thought the pacing was good, with plenty of action (mostly of the car chase variety) and some interesting 'spy work' sections. The car chase in Moscow was particularly well done, I thought. Also, the plot was interesting, and the twists were complicated enough that you didn't figure everything out in 10 minutes. Something Gerard tells me is not the case for The Village.

I did spend a good while staring at Karl Urban trying to figure out where I had seen him before. It took a trip to imdb when we got home to realize that he was Eomer in The Lord of the Rings movies. Then it was like 'Oh, of course...I should have recognized that'.

Anyways, The Bourne Supremacy was very good, I recommend it.

No comments: