Tuesday, August 24, 2004

NBA players are TALL.

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I do watch some of the Timberwolves games occasionally.

Last week I was reading Mark Cuban's blog. He is the internet-billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks. Sometimes he strikes me as obnoxious, but I also respect him because he says whatever he thinks, even when it costs him lots of money.

Anyways, One thing that I always seem to forget it just how tall the players are. When you only see them on the court with other players, or coaches (who tend to be former players), everyone looks relatively normal sized.

While reading Mark's blog, I stumbled across this great picture of him with Shawn Bradley and Pavel Podkolzin.

[ And for the record, I was reading Mark's blog, before it started making the front page at slashdot and pvrblog ]

2 comments:

Brenden Johnson said...

So you read Cuban *before* he was cool. It's good to know, you don't want to be like one of the herd that just started reading lately. Like I almost am, I read a few posts and it just struck me as odd to have a billionaire post online apologizing for how poorly his millionaires played the previous night.

Steve Eck said...

Well, I would argue that Cuban was always cool, the rest of you just didn't know it. :)