Tuesday, August 31, 2004

One of those days (Pt 1)

Ever had one of those days where nothing seems to go right?

I had yesterday off from work, because I had worked the weekend. I had a few things on my list to accomplish, a few errands to run and the semi-annual washing and waxing of the car.

So in the morning after taking Pippen for her morning walk, I went off to run some errands. I made a few stops, picked up some stuff at Best Buy and then stopped at a gas station to fill up and get a car wash to clean the car up for waxing.

I headed back home and parked the car in the garage to dry/cool off and went inside for lunch.

After lunch I started gathering up all the things I would need and hauling them out to the garage. CD Player (it takes me a couple hours to wax and wash the car, so I need some tunes), step stool (for reaching the roof), wax applicator pad, etc.

Eventually I was all set to start, walked over to my new shelves to get the car wax.

Except there isn't any. Not even a crusty old dried up bottle that I might have saved thinking "I'll need this some day".

After thinking about it, I recalled dropping the wax bottle last spring and cracking the bottom. So while I was able to finish that round of waxing, I threw out the bottle. Thinking "Oh, sometime in the next 6 months when I am at Target, I'll have to remember to get some wax".

And then I promptly forgot about it. I can't imagine how many times I've been to Target in the interveining months, but its a lot. And I was just there that morning on my errands.

So I had to get back in the car, drive all the way back to Target to get a $14 bottle of wax, and then drive all the way back home. A few hours later, the car was waxed, re-washed by hand, and the interior all cleaned out and dusted.

Task completed, but later then expected. It was time to move on to the other thing I wanted to get done yesterday...

[ I started typing up the other thing that went frustratingly wrong yesterday, but this post got obscenely long. So you'll just have to wait till tomorrow for Part 2 ]

No comments: