Thursday, August 26, 2004

Vikings Game Friday

We are headed to the Vikings game tomorrow evening. The game is sold out (other then 400 returned tickets from the 49ers), but my work has a number of season tickets that employees can buy individual tickets from.

The regular season tickets are sold in a lottery, because so many people want them and a few special games are auctioned off in the United Way fund raiser each year. But preseason tickets are first-come first-server, and aren't too hard to get a hold of.

The nice thing is that they sell the preseason tickets for a discount off face value. $40 a piece is still a bit steep, but its better then $60. I wonder if that is just the normal price, because my work isn't known for absorbing part of the cost and not passing it on.

We try to go to the third preseason game if it is played at home, because that tends to be the one where the first-stringers play the most. Hopefully it will be a good game.

I'd say look for us on TV, but they don't usually pan the cameras across the nosebleed seats.

1 comment:

Brenden Johnson said...

You lucky bum!! I can't remember the last time I've seen the Vikes in person. that's awesome. I'd look for you on TV, but I don't know if it will be on TV here.