Sunday, August 08, 2004

Movies: The Village

Today Linzy and I went to go see The Village. It was decent, although not anything I would need to see again real soon.

I found it very similiar to M. Night Shyamalan's other movies. It wasn't nearly as scary as the previews made it look. In fact, there were only a handful of 'Make you jump' moments. The story was OK. There was the required M. Night 'twist', in fact it was pretty cool, and I won't say anymore about that; I don't want to spoil anything.

The acting was top notch, as you would expect from the big names in the cast. Bryce Dallas Howard was excellent. Joaquin Phoenix was playing pretty much the same character he has played in all of Shyamalan's movies.

Overall it was OK, but I have the same complaint about it that I do all of Shyamalan's movies. They just don't seem like they will stand up to repeated viewings. I suppose it has to do with depending on a 'twist'.

No comments: