Sunday, September 12, 2004

It's Finally Mine

After procrastinating for around 5 years, I finally got a real A/V Receiver today.

I picked up the Yamaha RX-V1400. It has all the inputs a boy could need, does component video and S-video upconversion, and has THX Select (not that I have the 7.1 speaker system to take advantage of it right now).

Oh, and the best part was that I ended up being able to get more then 30% off through the wonders of closeout pricing, and painful haggling with the Ultimate Electronics sales guys.

I haven't had time to play with it too much so far, as it took a long, long, long time to get dismantle the rats nest that I had made of the wires connected to the old stereo, and get them all re-hooked up to the new system.

Fear not for the Aiwa though, it will be pressed into service in the living room (paired with some old speakers of my dad's), where it can play the Zone 2 pre-amp outputs from the new Yamaha receiver. Should be cool.

1 comment:

Brenden Johnson said...

SWEET! Now I am insanely jealous.