Saturday, January 22, 2005

Movies: The Aviator

Linzy and I made a snap decision while we were out this afternoon, that we should go see a movie. We showed up at the theater randomly at a little after 1:00, having no idea what was showing when.

As luck would have it, The Aviator had just started 5 minutes before. That happened to be one that I would've wanted to see, if we had planned things.

We both liked the movie, myself a bit more then Linzy. It was a bit on the long side of things (almost 3 hours), but for most of the movie things moved pretty well.

I didn't really know much about Howard Hughes going into the film, other then the usual broad generalities. So I found it very interesting to find out more about him and what he did, even if it was the 'made for the movies' version of his life story.

Leonardo DiCaprio deserves all the acclaim he is getting for his performance, he did a fantastic job. His portrayal of a visionary slowly descending into madness, knowing full-well what was happening to himself, but unable to stop it, was brilliant.

All-in-all, I thought it was a very good film.

No comments: