Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dinner Conversation

Linzy and I went out for pizza last night, and ended up ordering a different kind then we normally do, because it was on special. It happened that the pizza we ordered was an all-meat one, including two of my least favorite pizza toppings: Hamburger and Canadian (Back) Bacon.

For some reason I really wasn't enjoying the taste of the pizza and couldn't figure out why. Then Linzy hit on the answer:

Me - I don't like the hamburger on the pizza.

Linzy - It tastes like meatloaf.

Me - Ohh, Yuck. You're right. I don't even like regular meatloaf, it's terrible on pizza.


It only got worse after that, as I couldn't get the idea of meatloaf out of my head during each bite. We should have just spent a couple bucks more and gotten a sausage and mushroom like we always do.

That's what I get for branching out, I guess.

4 comments:

Brenden Johnson said...

You don't like meatloaf? Blasphemy!

I agree on not branching out. Every time I go to DQ and don't order a cookie dough Blizzard I inevitably don't enjoy whatever I got as much and lament the fact that I could be eating a cookie dough Blizzard instead of whatever I was having.

Scooter said...

If you don't like meatloaf, you probably just haven't had the right one. I hate my mother's meatloaf, always have. Hamburger and Saltines with ketchup on top...ugh...I shudder just to think about it. But my wife makes a meatloaf that's pork and hamburger, no ketchup, and an entirely different set of spices and additives - tastes perfect with a baked potato. Of course, I wouldn't want it on a pizza.

McBrideFarm said...

I have this memory of going with one of our cousins--Kristin? Anissa?--to that Sbarro's that was near Dad's old work and them getting a slice with hamburger on it. Being the sheep I am, I got a piece as well, thinking it would taste like sausage, but being severly disappointed. Perhaps I'm confused about this memory (except for the dislike of hamburger pizza part)--do you remember that? Maybe you weren't there.

Steve Eck said...

Brenden and Scooter: I used to like meatloaf when I was younger. But now I'm just not that much of a fan. Something about a big slab of hamburger and bread doesn't really do it for me anymore.

Sarah, I don't remember that at all. But I know that (thinking of sausage but tasting hamburger) is precisely why I don't like hamburger on my pizza.