Sunday, November 13, 2005

Thwarted

Yesterday I had a simple list of tasks I wanted to get accomplished:

1) Trim the hedges in the front of the house.
2) Use my Dad's leaf vacuum to clean up all the leaves in the rock out front.
3) Mow the backyard one last time on a short mower setting.
4) Put down some a dormant fall application of fertilizer.

It seemed like a reasonable list, easily doable in an afternoon. So I drove over to my parents house to get the leaf vaccuum, and then planned to stop on my way home to get the fertilizer.

There I ran into my first problem, no one had any fertilizer in stock. I went to three different stores and left empty-handed each time.

No problem, I thought, I'll just have to get some later this week. I'll still be able to do everything else. So I went home and started pulling out the hostas and some of the grass that had crept into the gardens, in preparation for trimming the hedges and vacuuming up the leaves.

Then it started raining, thwarting all my plans.

So instead of being productive, I spent the afternoon taking over the world in Civilization 4.

2 comments:

Brenden Johnson said...

That's a way better ending to the story than I thought we'd get. :)

Steve Eck said...

What exactly were you expecting?