Sunday, December 11, 2005

Holiday Decorating

The paper this morning featured a stack of advertisement flyers at least 2 inches thick which can mean only one thing: It's the Holidays.

Yesterday Linzy and I put up the Christmas tree and set out all the Christmas decorations. Normally we do this the weekend after Thanksgiving (if we are in town), or the weekend after, but this year we hadn't gotten around to it. It certainly feels a lot more like the Holidays once the tree is up and all the decorations are out.

What our Christmas Tree looks like in it's natural form.


Our tree isn't very tall (for reference Linzy is 5-foot 1.5 inches)


It's starting to look a bit more like a tree now.


Still going strong after 28 years, the bell my parents got for my first Christmas. If you look closely, it is engraved with "Stephen Otto Eck".


Linzy's first Christmas ornament.


The tree all decorated and lit up. It doesn't look half bad once we load it up with stuff to hide all the gaps in the branches.


2 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

Nice! That is pretty funny--great minds thinlk alike, I guess, with the bell ornament photos.

I love Christmas trees!

Brenden Johnson said...

My parents put up our Christmas tree a week or so ago. I walked down the stairs as they were putting the branches on. I said "Ah. The time-honored tradition...of putting your Christmas tree together." Artificial trees sure are handy, but it strikes me as funny.