Saturday, December 03, 2005

Playing With Fire

I was amused today when I read this article from a couple days ago on cars equipped with flamethrowers (spark plugs that make it shoot flames from the tailpipe). The single best quote in the whole article is:

...They say they are seeing surprising interest in their products, which add nothing to performance and are meant strictly for showing off.


I'm sure someone said that with a straight face, as if all the giant spoilers and stickers on a 1982 Honda were for performance and only the flamethrower was for showing off.

Yeah.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

This is old tech returned - my Dad did this as a teenager and he's retired now. Next thing you know, kids'll be putting playing cards on their spokes.

Steve Eck said...

Everything comes back in style I guess.