Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Movies: Kill Bill: Vol. 2

On Friday night I sat down and watched Kill Bill: Vol. 2. It had been a long time since I had seen Volume 1, but I still enjoyed the movie.

Actually, I ended up thinking Volume 2 was a better film then Volume 1. There was a bit less over-the-top violence, and a bit more story work. I liked the complex relationship between the Bride and Bill, and finally getting to see the events that started the whole movie.

One of my favorite parts in the movie was when the Bride was being buried alive, and the screen went more and more black as they nailed the lid of the coffin shut, and then all you could hear was the soil hitting the pine box. I thought that was well done. The final conversation between Bill and the Bride was also top-notch.

While I wasn't a huge fan of Volume 1, I enjoyed Kill Bill: Vol. 2.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

The coffin scene was good, and at the same time, the worst part of the movie. I know one shouldn't be complaining about realism in a movie such as Kill Bill... but it was shown on Myth Busters that you would sufficate pretty quickly if buried alive. So for some reason that scene always bothers me because I just can't believe it would be possible. But still, good movie.

Steve Eck said...

Yeah, there were all kinds of unrealistic things about that scene, but the not suffocating to death stuck out as glaringly unrealistic to me as well.

I could still appreciate the terror of a pitch black screen and tje sounds of the dirt hitting the coffin , though.