Saturday, April 08, 2006

Better Late Then Never?

This morning when I got up, I found an e-mail in my inbox with the subject "Congratulations on the Purchase of Your Harmony Remote". It looks like a welcome e-mail, from using the website that was necessary to program my Logitech Harmony universal remote.

One problem. I got the remote as a present for Christmas and configured it right away, so the e-mail is roughly 4 months late.

Amusingly, given the delay in receiving it, the e-mail includes this claim:

Please Note: We do prioritize e-mail support requests and make every effort to respond in an appropriate time frame. All e-mail support requests will be answered within 48 hours.


Hmm. E-mail requests might be answered in 48 hours, but if the response is delivered by the same system that took 4 months to send the welcome e-mail, I'm not sure that I want to try out their e-mail support.

[ Incidentally, this should not be considered a reflection of my feelings for the Harmony remote, it works quite well. I had to do some initial manual adjustments as the configuration downloaded from the website was wrong, but once I got that straightened out it has been much more handy then I ever imagined it could. ]

No comments: