Friday, April 28, 2006

No Fun

When I was leaving work tonight (late, as usual) the rain that had been drizzling all day was starting to pick up. At that point I noticed a guy who was about to have a lot less fun on his drive home then me.

Why? Because he was riding home on a moped.

Now, personally I don't find riding on a moped to be a particularly fun way to travel any significant distance anways. But certainly riding on one at 20 mph in the pouring rain has to be extra not-so-fun.

The guy at least had what looked like semi-waterproof pants, a jacket, and a helmet with a face shield, but his face still looked pretty glum about the whole deal as he puttered away through the parking lot.

So, despite it being Yet Another Terrible Day at work, I still felt a little better about my day as I climbed into my warm, dry car. All thanks to the anonymous guy who suffered through the rain on his moped.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

I biked home, pulling a Burley. So it can be worse.

Steve Eck said...

Yikes, that is definitely worse. Was Eryn in the Burley?

Of course, that was just a warm up for your Ironman ride in the rain tomorrow. :)