Sunday, April 23, 2006

Video Games: Oblivion

At the beginning of April, I found a new way to spend what little free time I have: playing Oblivion.

The game is just outstanding, and every bit as good as I imagined back in October 2004. If you are even remotely a fan of non-linear RPGs, you owe it to yourself to pick the game up.

There are many things the game does well, but primarily it is just providing a huge seamless world to explore, filled with tons of stuff to do. It's about a close to an MMORPG as you can get in a single player offline game.

The bad part about the game is that it has some pretty high system requirements. My computer nearly meets the recommended criteria, and manages to run fairly well. Certainly well enough to enjoy the game. But with a faster CPU and more importantly a better video card, I could crank all those detail settings all the way up and have a really gorgeous game to play.

Regardless I am really enjoying the game, to the point that I haven't played Guitar Hero since I got Oblivion. Now that's a sign of a good game.

No comments: