Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Gritty

While visiting my cousins Jon and Nicole, they relayed a story about their other daughter that Linzy and I found pretty hilarious.

Jon and Nicole's older daughter, Katie, is about 2 years old. Apparently a few weeks ago she used a nightstand in her bedroom as a ladder to get ahold of a one pound tub of vaseline. She then proceeded to use the full tub to cover her entire body in vaseline, including her hair.

Newly greased up, Katie decided to go roll around in her sandbox. So by the time my cousins found her, she was covered head-to-toe in shiny, slimey vaseline and sand.

Of course since petroleum jelly is not water soluble, it was nearly impossible to get Katie cleaned up. Nicole said it took close to a week before she was fully clean, but that her skin was nice and soft.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Note to self: Do not keep one pound tub of vaseline in the house. Check.

McBrideFarm said...

Holy crap. I am laughing so hard I'm crying. My officemate thinks I'm insane. *gasp*

That's hysterical.

Steve Eck said...

I thought it was a pretty funny story. I can't imagine what was going through Katie's mind when she was thinking of rolling around in the sandbox after covering herself head-to-toe in vaseline.

Crazy.