Thursday, May 11, 2006

Part Deux

Two years ago today, I started this little blog. Over the past year, I've added another 515 posts to the collection, although 192 were just random photos.

Looking back through the posts from the archives, it has been both a good and not-so-good year.

Linzy and I went on several fun trips, I made a few interesting treks for work, Linzy graduated from college, I discovered an interest in biking, and we had lots of great times with our friends. On the other hand a close friend passed away, Linzy had unsuccessful back surgery, and my job started consistently chewing up disturbing amounts of my free time.

Still, those kind of not-so-great things are more-or-less a part of life and out of my control, so I think in general I would call it a pretty good year.

Unfortunately, that decrease in the amount of free time is directly responsible for the fact that I wasn't able to average over one real post per day this year. I'm a little disappointed about that, but at the same time it is just a hobby. So when activities have to get cut, daily blogging was frequently one that didn't make it.

Anyway, I am still having fun writing posts and so have no plans to stop publishing random anecdotes about my life here. Thanks to everyone who reads my site, I definitely appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep you occasionally entertained.

3 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

Happy blogaversary. :)

Bill Roehl said...

You average more than I do although my content is a bit different than your's.

I started my website several years ago but only switched over to a content management system on 5/6/05. I knew I was closing in on the date but didn't pay attention I guess :(

Congrats on two years and some really great and very entertaining daily content :)

Steve Eck said...

Thanks!