Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well Deserved

I was out in the garage this afternoon waxing my car and occasionally watching the two kids from across the street play together. They played like most older brothers and younger sisters do, alternately fighting and then shortly thereafter playing together again like nothing happened.

At one point, the older brother stole his sister's (rather girly) bike and was riding up the sidewalk with it. The sister was of course incensed and yelling for him to stop and give her back the bike. The brother ignored her and continued his slow-motion escape. The sister gave chase on foot, continuing to yell for him to stop.

At that point the brother got cocky, yelling back over his shoulder "You'll never catch me!". Unfortunately for him just then sweet justice was dispensed, as he mistakenly rode into the grass, lost control of the bike, and crashed (unhurt).

The sister ran up, yanked the bike from her brother's tangled legs and said matter-of-factly "That's what you get for stealing my bike!"

I had to laugh. Mostly because it was totally something that I would have done to my sister when we were kids, including the ill-fated taunting over the shoulder.

3 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

For little sisters everywhere, I say, "HA!"

:)

Andrea said...

Ah, what a classic story.

Steve Eck said...

I thought it was pretty hilarious.