Monday, June 19, 2006

Bright and Early

Last night, in an unfortunately not-so-uncommon occurrence I got called by my boss at 3am. I spent an hour on the phone, and then had a terrible time getting back to sleep. Eventually I turned off the alarm, planning to sleep in till whenever Pippen woke me up and then go into work a little later then normal.

At 7am I was awakened by the roar of my neighbor's lawn mower.

Now, I was admittedly a bit cranky given the fact that I was getting called at 3am even while 'on vacation', and had only gotten a partial night's sleep. And normally I would have already been awake for quite a while (and probably on my way out the door), but it still seemed kind of ridiculous.

Personally, I always feel guilty when I have to use the snowblower early in the morning during the winter, but at least there I can almost claim that I have to use it in order to clear off the driveway. Mowing the lawn seems a bit different.

Enjoy a cup of coffee, read the newspaper, and at least wait until 8am, buddy.

2 comments:

wleino said...

Our neighbors at 1212 used to mow early every Saturday didn't they?

I was just going over the proper lawn mowing etiquette that I was going to teach Alice in my head. I concluded it was 8:00 am on weekdays and 9:00 on weekends.

It was brought on by a guy mowing his lawn when I was on my way to work. At first I was annoyed by it, but then came to grips since it was after 8:00.

Steve Eck said...

Yep, I remember the early morning mowing next door to 1212. Although we were in college, so for all I know it could have been 11am mowing and I might still have been in bed.

I agree with the 8am weekdays, 9am weekend etiquette.