Saturday, June 03, 2006

LegionBurgers

While driving to Chicago last weekend, we had to make a couple of stops so Linzy could get out and walk a little bit, to rest her back. One of those stops was in the little town of Lake Mills, Wisconsin.

We walked around main street a bit, and through the veterns memorial park. One thing that was kind of strange was that the American Legion post in town had a retail hamburger shop right on main street. And it was crowded.

Initially when we walked past there were only a few people waiting to buy some LegionBurgers, but after we walked through the park a bit there ended up being a huge (for Lake Mills) line of 8-10 people waiting to for their hamburgers.

It seemed a little weird. Unfortunately it was the middle of the afternoon so I could justify sampling one myself to see what the fuss was about.

3 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

You should get into cachin'. I use the "get out and walk" line as an excuse (I don't have a good reason like your wife) to do it :)

Steve Eck said...

I'm pretty sure getting out and hiking through the woods isn't exactly what the physical therapist had in mind when he told Linzy to take breaks during the drive.

But thanks anyways. :)

Bill Roehl said...

When I'm driving and taking my breaks to "stretch the legs" it's usually less than a 300 foot walk.

I save the "hiking through the woods" ones for when I'm not in any real rush to get anywhere heh.