Thursday, June 01, 2006

Pincushion

My usual path to the cafeteria at work for lunch takes me past a couple of display cases where they display the latest in company schwag the sales guys can buy to butter up customers. It's typically filled with golf shirts, coffee mugs, pens, playing cards, etc.

Today however, I noticed a new addition: A mini dart board.

It was a little 6 inch (or so) dart board sporting the company logo right in the middle.

Now, call me crazy, but I don't know that I want our potential (or current) customers hurling darts into the primary symbolism of our company. That just seems like a dumb association to make.

Next thing you know they'll be offering a dart board with a spot for the picture of your least favorite support personnel.

2 comments:

Brenden Johnson said...

Die, <insert company name here>, die!

Steve Eck said...

My thought exactly!