Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer Party

On Saturday, Linzy and I threw our annual spring party, which ended up being more of a 'summer' party this year since we've been so busy lately. The offer of free food and beer resulted in a pretty good turnout, with Amy, Andrea, Anita, Brenden, Dan, Dan, Evan, Felicia, Gerard, Kelli, Laura, Megan, Mike, Paul, Shawn, Tristan, and Wes coming over for various portions of the party.

The weather cooperated for the most part, except for a brief downpour right as I was beginning to grill the hamburgers and brats (of course). Other then that, it was nice enough for people to be out on the deck at least some of the time.

As far as I could tell, everyone had a good time. I know I did. Read on for some pictures, if you'd like.

Megan and Pippen greeting each other.


Dan, Tristan and Amy relaxing on the deck.


The lone party casualty, one of my parent's folding chairs. The arm snapped, and then the legs buckled, causing the chair to collapse.


Brenden showing off while playing Guitar Hero with Dan.


Laura and Shawn (along with Evan and Megan) swapping baby stories.


Dan, Mike, Wes and Gerard playing cards.


Social!


Celebrating my second win in a row at cards.


Brenden totally destroying me in Guitar Hero at the end of the night.


2 comments:

Brenden Johnson said...

I think "totally destroying" is a bit (read: giant) of an overstatement. It was probably my best night, only because of the fact I actually won at "Bark at the Moon". But you still beat me at my old standby "Unsung".

Steve Eck said...

Well, as I recall it, during our second competition of the night I didn't win a single song. That's "totally destroying" in my book.

Of course I did get such a high score that the PS2 locked up. :)