Friday, July 28, 2006

Books: Splinter Cell

Today I'll be performing a public service and warning you that despite the fact the Splinter Cell was a fun XBox game, that should in no way be considered a reflection on how well it would translate into a spy novel.

Actually, the book wasn't that bad, but I didn't think it was all that good either. It certainly wasn't as good of a spy book as any of the Robert Ludlum books I've read (which are the only spy books I have for reference).

My main issue with the book was not the action/adventure, there was plenty of interesting spy work that the author has Sam Fisher do, but with the plot. It was ridiculously simplistic. That, plus the rather abrupt ending resulted in me not really liking the book.

Overall the book was OK, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be good, so from that perspective I guess it met my expectations.

No comments: