Sunday, July 23, 2006

Duluth Trip

Linzy and I made it back safe and sound from our week-long trip to Duluth. For a variety of reasons, Larry and I weren't able to work on installing the laminate floor in his kitchen. So it was a pretty laid back week; not your typical Eck vacation.

We drove up to Duluth on Sunday, and spent the day celebrating my father-in-law's birthday. My brother-in-law came over for dinner, and Linzy's grandparents stopped by for dessert. The rest of the week was spent doing a variety of activities, mostly just spending time with the family or visiting with friends.

I did manage to get out for three long bike rides up and down the shore of Lake Superior. That was a lot of fun, as the weather was pretty decent (although a bit hot & humid on Monday) and since I had lots of free time on my hands, I could go on much longer (26-31 mile) rides then I normally do. Linzy also rode with me for a little part of the ride on Monday, which was fantastic since her back hasn't allowed her to ride a bike for over a year.

All-in-all it was a good, fairly uneventful vacation, but it is nice to be back home.

1 comment:

Dan Phillips said...

Glad you had a good time and made it back safely. Now get back to work!!!