Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Most Expensive Lunch Ever

Today I was supposed to go out to lunch with my friend Brian. Except he IM'd me this morning to say that he was home sick, so wouldn't be able to go to lunch.

Since I hadn't brought anything to work and the rest of my regular lunch group was out of the office or had already made other lunch plans, I decided to go out myself. And since I was unsupervised, I thought it would be a good idea to go check out the brand new Best Buy in Eagan. Ostensibly to look for cheap video games.

As it happened, I stopped first in the TV section and discovered that the TV I have been eyeing up for quite a while was on sale. On a whim I asked if they had any in stock (expecting that they wouldn't), and much to my surprise they had one in the back.

Thus I was forced, forced I say, to purchase it on the spot.

7 comments:

wleino said...

Now it looks like you need to get a new TV stand.

Shawn said...

Do you notice any rainbow effect? I guess it doesn't bother everyone, but both me and my brother were highly susceptible to it. It hurt my eyes in the store, and my brother actually bought and returned a DLP because of it. CRT all the way baby!

Steve Eck said...

Bill, A new TV stand is in the plans, that one is an old one designed for a 32 inch TV. The theory was we would get the TV, make sure it was the size and model we wanted before investing the money in a stand.

Shawn, No I don't have too much trouble with the rainbow effect. I notice occasoinally on my Dad's older DLP but haven't noticed it yet on this one.

McBrideFarm said...

Yikes. I'm with Bill...don't breathe on it or the TV will fall over. :)

Looks nice. A very impressive impulse (I know, not really impulse) buy!

Moe said...

Maybe next time I call in sick you'll buy a new portable music player!

Steve Eck said...

Sarah, It wasn't really an impulse buy, we'd been waiting for a store to get it in stock for quite a while now.

Moe, Don't worry, I'm sending you the bill for the TV. After all, I wouldn't have bought it if you hadn't been sick. :)

McBrideFarm said...

I know, and I knew you were going to say that, which is why I put in "(I know, not really impulse)." Guess I couldn't stop you from defending yourself from little sister ribbing. :p