Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Healer

Last night I spent the evening reliving my childhood years by playing Dungeons & Dragons with some friends I've known since Junior High.

It has been a really, really long time since I played D&D, long enough that I was two full revisions of the rules behind the times (having last played AD&D 2nd edition). The changes are substantial, but actually make things play a bit more like other pen & paper RPGs that we tended to prefer back in the day.

I had a good time, despite the fact that my cleric was decidedly not as maxed out as some of the other characters. The group of players was a lot of fun and not quite as intimidating as I was expecting. And I did even manage to get the killing blow in on the big, bad, end boss and barely survive the surprise revenge attack by bbeb's wizard crony. I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to join the group again.

Although, it is not like I was in need of another way to spend my free time.

No comments: