Sunday, August 13, 2006

Jim's Birthday

Last night, Linzy and I joined a whole crew of people out at Shenanigan's Pub for my friend Jim's birthday. Since the camera is vacationing on the east coast, there are no pictures to check out. However, if there had been pictures taken, they would have looked a lot like these of Gerard's Birthday where we ended up at the same bar.

We spent the evening hanging out, playing pool and darts and generally having a good time. Gerard and I teamed up for some pool against Jim and Tony and lost pretty badly. Gerard put in quite a few balls in a losing effort in the first game, and I had a couple of good runs to win the second of three games, but in the third game we got beat pretty handily. Darts were a bit more competitive, eventually coming down to me and Dan with everything closed but Gerard leading in points. Dan put together some nice throws and ended up winning.

The rest of the night we all just hung out and caught up on recent events for everyone. It was a good time.

2 comments:

Dan Phillips said...

It was a lot of fun. Infact it got even more exciting on the way home. Just as I pulled out of the parking lot I noticed a cop across the street. I didnt really think twice about it. Until that is when he turned on his headlights and proceeded to tail me. Infact he followed me all the way to almost the Eagan border. Finally he decided to do a U-turn in the middle of HWY 3 and head back to downtown Rosemont. I didnt really feel like talking to a police officer. So Im glad after he obviosly ran my plates and noticed I had no DUI's, he decided to head back for another victem coming out of the Bars parking lot. O btw I had 2 Beers in 3 hours. Thought I should mention that.

Steve Eck said...

Yikes, that is scary. At least it wouldn't have mattered either way if he had pulled you over. Unless he decided to give you a ticket for something dumb...