Monday, August 28, 2006

TV: Entourage

Yesterday, I was feeling under the weather and since Linzy was in Duluth for her high school reunion, that afforded me quite a bit of time to become one with the couch. Actually, I did clean the whole house and do a bunch of laundry, but for me it was a pretty lazy day. Anyway, I found the time to finish watching all the Entourage episodes available.

I started watching Entourage a few weeks ago, when I discovered the entire third season was available on-demand. After racing through all of those, I got the first and seconds seasons through Netflix. Since it is an HBO series, the 'seasons' are pretty short, with only 8 half-hour episodes in the first season and 14 in the second.

I really like the show; I find it really funny. Jeremey Piven completely makes the show, dominating every scene he is in. Of the four friends, I think Johnny Drama is my favorite character, he gets into all kinds of bizarre situations that end up being hilarious. I also like Lloyd, Ari's assistant, their interactions are fantastic.

I thought the show really took off in Season 2. The episodes were all tied together nicely and were pretty consistently funny. Season 1 was good as well, of course, but I think they were still working on figuring out what they had. Season 3 has been a bit more uneven then Season 2, some of the episodes are fantastic and others were sort of throwaway.

Regardless, the biggest problem now is that after watching discs 2 and 3 of season 2 yesterday, and then watching the season 3 'mid-season finale' (or season finale depending on who you ask) last night, I don't have any more episodes to watch until at least March. And the March date assumes the remaining episodes in season 3 are going to be shown the same time as The Sopranos, and lord knows when they will get around to actually working on that show again.

Unfortunately even if it does go back on the air in March, that will necessitate some tough decisions since our 6-month cable deal will have expired by then. At this point it is looking like it will be pretty hard to wait all the way until season 3 comes out on DVD.

If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it.

No comments: