Friday, September 22, 2006

End of an Era

Today was my last day at my job, after nearly 6.5 years. It was a decidedly strange experience.

In some ways today was just like any other. I got paged onto conference calls for support issues, helped investigate a couple strange issues, and answered questions. But otherwise I pretty much just spent the day talking with soon-to-be-former co-workers and cleaning up my cube where I had accumulated a surprising amount of junk.

The whole thing was a little awkward, kind of scary, and at the same time exciting. It was certainly satisfying to slap my pager on the table during the exit interview with my boss. I should have asked how much the fine was if I had 'lost' it, so I could have taken it out to the parking lot for a little Office Space-esque fun.

Monday I'll start the new job and a new era. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

McBrideFarm said...

Yippee!!!!

Congrats. I hope Monday is a good day. :)