Friday, October 13, 2006

Leather Seats

While Brenden and I were walking back to the car (we used the cheaper lot, of course) from the Gopher's game last weekend we passed a cop car parked on the sidewalk. As we walked by I happened to glance inside the back. Why, I'm not sure. I guess I was hoping they would have some unruly football hooligan cuffed back there waiting to be taken down to booking.

Unfortunately, there was no one detained in the car. What I did notice though was the fact that the car sported nice looking leather seats. Now, why do we need leather seats in the back of a cop car?

Does leather make it easier to clean up after the innocent-till-proven-guilty crowd that passes through the back? Are they really going for leather seats in front and the seats in the back just come as part of the deal?

It seemed strange, but then again I guess it could be worse. After all, the CSI: Miami division drives Hummers.

2 comments:

Kelli Olson said...

I think they use leather seats so when the people they take in throw up, pee or whatever in the back seat, it's easier to clean up. Much easier than if it were fabric anyway.

Steve Eck said...

I agree, that was the best explanation I could come up with at least.