Monday, November 06, 2006

Attention

When she was young, Pippen quickly caught on that frequently when I put on socks in the morning that was going to be followed shortly by going for a walk. In her excitement when she was a puppy, she would stand real close and bark. That inevitably lead to her catching a sock in the face, which meant that eventually her standing nearby and barking morphed into play-attacking the socks as I put them on.

Similarly, when she wants my attention, Pippen will usually run around, pick up a toy and proceed to follow me around bashing it into my foot and/or the back of my leg. It's like a "hey, pay attention to me big dummy", or "Hey, I'm the Pippen what could possibly be better then playing with me?".

Tonight I was sitting at the desk, and Linzy was sitting on the floor to play with Pippen (which is typically an unrewarding experience as Pippen spends most of the time bringing the toys over near me and squeaking them). Anyway, Linzy wanted to talk to me about something and so she picked up a nearby Pippen-toy and beat it on my foot a few times.

Apparently, if you are ever in need of getting my attention, as far as the females in this house are concerned, all you need is to hit me a few times with a squeaky doggy toy.

3 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

I think they're training you. :)

Bill Roehl said...

Is that how I get that book?! *bang bang squeak squeak*

:-)

Steve Eck said...

Ahh the damn book. I'm sorry about how long that has taken. The bad news is, I still don't have it. And probably won't anytime soon as it was mailed back to us but to the wrong zip code. Right now it is probably lost in the bowels of the mail system.