Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Spoilers Ahoy

Last night my entertainment while running on the treadmill was watching the Season 2 finale of House. Yes, I really am that far behind in the show.

Basically, I don't watch any TV shows 'live' or even during the season. I just save up all the episodes and then during the winter when I can't bike anymore, I watch through the previous season(s) at my own pace. This works pretty good, with the exception that I have to be somewhat careful not to read or see too much about the plot twists and turns.

Normally, I've been pretty successful at avoiding any major spoilers, although there have been two fairly major accidents.

Once a major news site had a headline saying something like "Character A dies on latest Lost episode", complete with a headshot of the character on the front page. Whoops.

Then, this summer I was reading a magazine that had an article about Fox Corporation, and randomly in the middle of the article they said something like "Major hits for Fox include House, where the title character XXXXXXXX in the season 2 finale". Nice. No warning, just a giant random spoiler in a more-or-less unrelated article.

But I guess that is the price I pay for being able to watch an entire season of a show over the course of 2 months.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

And I thought that waiting a few days until after the show has aired was bad ;)