Friday, December 22, 2006

Let's All go to Mexico

When I was out walking through the skyways today, there was a large crowd of people clustered on one side of the entrance to the IDS center. Being nosy, I of course had to go over and check it out.

It turned out that there was a big cargo truck parked on the side of the road beneath the skyway. The truck had glass walls enclosing it's backend and was being used to advertise Mexico of all things.

I can hear you asking, but how do you advertise 'Mexico'?

By making the inside of the truck look like a tropical beach. Complete with sand, palm trees and some fake-Mayan ruins. Oh, and dancers, of course. Two bikini-clad women and one shirtless guy. I assume there was some music playing too, but I couldn't hear it up in the skyway.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera on me but luckily flickr is good for this kind of thing and I found this picture of the Mexico truck.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

Sounds like the rolling billboards of Vegas -- just with clothing ;)