Monday, December 04, 2006

Tradition

Tonight we spent a while putting up all the Christmas decorations and the tree. I had already put up the outside lights this weekend, and so all that was left was to throw on a little John Denver and the Muppets, and put out all the decorations.

As usual, I ended up spending 5 minutes trying to get our advent/nativity ring together. We got the advent centerpiece for Christmas from one of Linzy's Aunts a few years back. I think it looks nice on our living room coffee table, so I always insist that we put it out. Unfortunately, I can never remember exactly how it is supposed to go together.


It seems like it should be easy, there are only four pieces and it makes a circle. But for whatever reason all of the pieces are slightly different sizes, shapes and angles, so it can only go together one way. So each year I sit there like an idiot trying to get the thing together.

It's tradition, I guess.

No comments: