Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Are You a Girl?

Last night after I got home from running an errand, there wasn't enough time to do what I had originally planned so I went with my backup plan: playing with the XBox 360 some more.

As it happened, an old friend from high school was online and invited me to join his game of Gears of War. Now, I've had the 360 for less then a week, and only played GoW for less time then that and I'm not particularly good at First-Person-Shooters on consoles anyways. But what the heck I figured, I have a free month of XBox Live Gold, and a chance to play with a friend I haven't talked to in years, why not?

Of course, I got my ass kicked. Bad.

The best part was when I was being trash talked by another player who was later asked "Are you a girl?". It turned out that it was a 13 year old kid.

I thought that was a pretty fitting introduction to the wonders of pervasive voice chat and Internet-enabled-console gaming.