Thursday, January 25, 2007

In Stock

I ended up on an impromptu survey of next-gen video game consoles stores had in stock yesterday. My friend and I ended up randomly in a game store over lunch after he was claiming they had Wiis in stock. Then that night Linzy and I happened to be at Target and Best Buy so I thought I would check their stock.

The end result?

Playstation 3s in stock: At least 10
Wiis in stock: 0

The dedicated video game store even had flyers up advertising the fact that they had PS3s in stock. That can't possibly be a good sign for the system.

Incidentally, the Wii is an interesting topic for reasons similar to my post yesterday, no one appears to believe that I can resist buying one soon. Every time the topic comes up in conversations with friends they inevitably ask "So, have you bought one yet?".

While I think the Wii looks interesting, I am also somewhat realistic about the amount of free time I have: not much. Certainly not enough to be able to do justice to yet another video game system. I'm also annoyed by the somewhat expensive price for what is effectively a slightly faster Gamecube with a new control scheme, and the outrageous $60 price for a controller and nunchuk attachment.

That isn't to say I won't get one, I'm sure I will. But at this point I am sticking to my story that it probably won't be until before our next party.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

The Wii is well kewl! My sister bought one for her Daughter for Xmas and I had a lot of fun playing on it :) I think ill save up some pennies and buy me one!

Dan Phillips said...

It was fun. The little I got to try it. One nice thing about the Wii is that its like a complete workout after a while. That is the first thing a console system can offer me that a PC cant.

Steve Eck said...

Nikki, Good you buy one, and then I'll come over and play it occasionally. :)

Dan, That and games that work on your system without driver upgrades or long install processes. :)

Dan Phillips said...

Thats true Steve, however sometimes to get to the pot of gold you have to take the long road. ;)