Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Lemmings

Twice last Friday I got into crowded elevators, once going up and once going down. In both cases the floor I wanted to get off on was not already selected, so I pushed the button myself. The strange part was that both times, the entire elevator got off with me on whatever floor I was headed to.

Now, I could understand if one or two people got confused about which floor we were stopping on, but all 7 people in the elevator? And maybe the upper floors look somewhat similar, but there is a huge difference between the first and second floors.

What would these people have done if I wasn't there to save the day and push the floor button they intended to use? Would they have ridden the elevator, trapped, for hours hoping someone would get on and by chance decide they wanted to go to floor 6?

I suppose it was just a coincidence that people changed their minds about what floor to go to, but it was still pretty strange.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

If it were me, I would just go on believing that everyone wanted to be more like me ;)

YMMV.