Friday, January 12, 2007

Smelly Feet

Last Saturday evening, Linzy, Dan, Tristan, Aimee and I went to go see Children of Men. It was pretty interesting, though definitely gritty and not a typical action movie. Anyway, at one point about halfway through the movie the lady sitting next to Linzy took her shoes off and put her bare feet up on top of the seat in front of her.

Her feet smelled. Enough that I could smell them a whole person away.

I asked myself, why would you take your shoes off in some place as questionably cleanly as a movie theater. But more specifically, why would you do it if you knew you were prone to having smelly feet?

I don't particularly care if you want to risk acquiring strange diseases passed via sticky pop stains, but spare the rest of us if your feet stink.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Gross

Bill Roehl said...

Kim and I went to see Children of Men on opening night. Kim said that the first 1/4 of the movie was boring for her but that she enjoyed the rest.

I got a little chuckle out of the veiled political attacks ("Homeland Security" and illegal immigrants) and enjoyed the movie overall minus the unnecessary violence that overshadowed the rest for me.

You should have told her her feet stink. I would have ;)

Steve Eck said...

Bill, It would have been pretty funny if I had leaned over a person and said in one of those yelling-whispers: "Hey lady, put your shoes back on, your feet smell!". But, I guess I am too nice for that sort of behavior.