Friday, February 09, 2007

A Day in Pictures - 2007

Once a year, I've been posting miscellaneous pictures of the mundane things going on in my life on February 8th. This year, we actually had something interesting going on, so I forgot to take any pictures. How's that for irony?

Anyway, since I had nothing better on deck for today's post, I decided to take the pictures of what was (or was not) going on today instead.

It was ridiculously cold this morning when I got up. My quick jaunt to get the paper was miserable thanks to a -25 wind chill.


My breakfast ended up being really tasty, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the grapefruit was despite being many days old.


A blurry picture of the bus station on the way home (this was intended to be taken in the morning when the crowd is all queued up inside, but I was running late).


12 hours later, I'm back home but the weather hasn't gotten much better.


Linzy was at a seminar tonight so I was on my own for dinner. If you call pouring leftover salad in a bowl and heating up leftover pizza 'on my own'. Note that I still managed to screw up putting the cheese on the salad, so I ended up with quite a lot.


After dinner, I played with Pippen a bit although she was less interested then normal.


Then Linzy decided to try and clip one paw worth of her nails, and wild, frothing Pippen made her appearance. Even with two of us trying to hold her down, we still only managed three nails on one foot before giving up. An eight pound skilky terrier is surprisingly strong.


Gerard loaned me three XBox 360 games, so I decided to try out Call of Duty 2. After playing for an hour or so, I am positive that I never want to go to war in Russia in winter with crappy 1940s era weapons. I would be quite dead.


So there you have it, pictures of my day today except the 10.5 hours I spent at work so busy that I never got more then 20 feet from my cube all day long.

5 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

1. I honestly didn't think it was that cold yesterday morning. I walked from the car into work saying to myself, "hmm it must be at least 10F today!" It was -4.

2. Nice work on dinner!

3. Buddy doesn't mind having his nails clipped. Weird, I know.

4. I was wondering if the tradition was going to continue. Glad it did.

Shawn said...

I hope you have a bathroom within 20 feet of your cube!?!?

Steve Eck said...

Bill, I think it was the wind that made things feel so cold to me.

Shawn, yes although it might be more like 25 feet so I was exaggerating. But only a little. :)

Scooter said...

I see that C# book under the book shelf.

Steve Eck said...

Yep, it's quite old. I bought it for $3 on a super-bargain table at Barnes and Nobles long ago. It's not a terrible book.