Friday, February 23, 2007

Incommunicado

The strangest part about my business trips is usually how out of touch I end up. While I still talk to Linzy most days (although not always for very long), other then that it's like I dropped off the face of the earth.

Case in point, on this most recent trip I got exactly two personal e-mails the entire week. And one was from my Grandma, who likely had no idea I was out of town. The lack of talking to anyone coupled with the fact that I don't typically have time to read more then the front page headlines on the paper, watch the news, or even surf the (horrible) Star Tribune website I end up coming home with absolutely no idea what is going on.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal I suppose, but it was pretty strange to go multiple days at a time with no e-mail. Although, for the record, I never sunk to checking the spam folder in the misguided hope that everything was getting incorrectly classified.

4 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

Nothing happened other than the typical over exaggerated weather reports for the "BLIZZARD!" this weekend.

When I went to Cub to pick up lunch meat and Ziplock bags for the week, I found a complete madhouse. I swear the weathermen and food stores are in cahoots.

Welcome back. I didn't have my daily dose and the withdrawal was tough -- seriously -- no veiled anything here.

Steve Eck said...

Linzy mentioned that Cub was a zoo today as well, with the canned food aisle being nearly cleaned out. Come on people, its just a snow storm.

Andrea A. said...

You've piqued my curiosity. Why do you think the Star Tribune is so horrible? Kara McGuire has a pretty good personal finance blog there. You should check it out.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/kablog/

Steve Eck said...

Andrea,

It isn't the content of the Star Tribune site that I have an issue with, but rather how incredibly impossible it is to find anything that isn't directly linked off the front page. Unless I know the exact title of an article, its usually hopeless to try and search for anything.

I've read Kara's blog a few times, and usually at least look at the articles she has on Thursdays (or whatever day) in the paper. In general I find personal finance stuff to be repetitive and/or painfully obvious.

There's only so many ways you can say "Don't spend everything you make", I guess.