Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Celtics

Tonight I randomly decided I should go over to The Fours for dinner. I've been there a few times before, it's a sports bar in Boston down by the Garden. Its not all that special (despite what you might think of some place voted the #1 sports bar in America), but it seemed like a good place to go.

What I didn't realize was that the Celtics were in town tonight playing game 5 of their series against the Atlanta Hawks. The area around the Garden was absolutely packed, with Celtics fans everywhere. I couldn't even get into the Fours, or any of the other sports bars nearby.

I did get some free Celtics paraphernalia from a couple of street marketing people in the area. But it was hard to be positive about the Celtics' good year, considering that the primary reason for that is the acquisition of Kevin Garnett from the Timberwolves.

No comments: