Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

I'm not a particularly natural formal presenter on non-technical topics. I can usually make decent slides, but when it comes to talking to them I am not nearly as effortlessly smooth as some people. However, I seem to improve drastically if I practice talking through the slides two or three times.

The strange part is that afterwards I can never really remember exactly what I said. Some little portion must stick with me because after once or twice through things come more smoothly. I assume I'm subconsciously remembering some main points to touch on, or the order to talk about things, but it is pretty strange. Especially when I finish and think "well, that seemed to go better" but for the life of me can't recall the specific way I explained something.

No comments: