Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Proper Attire

I was a little late leaving for work this morning because I spent some time clearing the worst of the snow off the driveway, and so as I was driving out of the neighborhood the school-aged kids were starting to head to the school bus stops.

As I was stopped at the last stop sign, I happened to look over to my left and notice two kids walking down the road. The junior high or perhaps early high school girl was trudging through the 4 inches of snow/slush on the road in capri jeans and flip-flops.

It looked cold.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

It never ceases to amaze me what the kids here wear to school. One day, with temps hovering around -10, I saw a dumbass kid wearing jeans and an over sized t-shirt (no backpack and no books either) while waiting for the bus.

My mother would have slapped me upside the head and my father would have kicked my butt. I guess times are different :(