Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

On Sunday Linzy and I went over to my parent's house to celebrate Mother's day, my Mom's birthday and Linzy's birthday with them. The weather turned out to be fantastic so we spent most of the afternoon outside enjoying the sunshine.

We played a few games with Linzy's new ladderball set (ostensibly purchased for her party, which turned out to be too rainy for outdoor games). The team of Mom and I won both games over my Dad and Linzy, so that was fun for us. For dinner we had some nice steaks and then opened presents and had cake before heading home.

We had a good time, and I think Mom & Dad enjoyed having us over. Read on for some pictures if you'd like.

Mom trying one of her first throws.


Dad caught one of my scoring throws in action.


For some reason this tulip was the only one of the crowd that survived being eaten by bunnies.


Mom excited about her new Wicked soundtrack CD. In a sign of how times have changed the first thing she mentioned doing with it was ripping it and putting it on the iPod.


The birthday girls




The rest of the album.

3 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

While it's well known that we love playing bean bags, Kim purchased a ladder golf set a while back and we loved playing it.

The first time I saw it was on vacation on the beach in SC. People had brought their homemade set along and played it every day. If it weren't for those bag restrictions they now have, we might have brought ours along this year.

McBrideFarm said...

Pretty pictures. It looks like it was a fun day! It took me a minute to figure out the reasoning behind the number of candles.....very clever. :)

Steve Eck said...

Bill, Linzy and I had played ladderball a few years ago at a 4th of July party, long before you could buy sets in every store around, and enjoyed it a lot. But I was too lazy to build my own set, and so we didn't ever get around to buying a set until recently.

My parents had never played before and seemed to like it as well.

Sarah, The candle idea was Dad's doing. A bit obscure, but that made it interesting.