Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Optimism

One year ago, I posted about how I was going to be traveling to Boston for work quite a bit in late May and early June. I was explaining how I was going to be there basically three out of four straight weeks, and all but 92 hours out of 230 in a ten day period starting right after Memorial day.

At the end of the post, I had this optimistic doozy of a claim:

Hopefully after that, there will be just one more trip either the third or fourth week in June, and this particular fire will be resolved.

Of course, if you've been reading this sad tale for any length of time you know that my travel to Boston most definitely did not end at the end of June, but instead stretched all the way through the summer and then at a less frequent pace all the way to January of this year.

I was quite amused tonight when I stumbled across my claim that a mere month of travel was going to solve what turned out to be a six month challenge. I have no idea what I was thinking, but clearly I was a bit optimistic.

No comments: