Friday, May 02, 2008

Recent Media - 5/2

Explanation - Previous Lists

TV: Nip/Tuck Season 3 & Dexter: Season 1 - I have just the finale of Nip/Tuck remaining, and I was disappointed that I didn't get to watch it last weekend. Instead, due to time constraints, I watched the first episode of Dexter. Which was OK. The show strikes me as exactly what you'd expect if one of the premium cable channels pitched you their version of CSI: Miami.

Books: Deadhouse Gates - I didn't finish this book before leaving on my trip, but I did buck up and bring it with despite it being a large hardcover (though not as big as some). It was well worth the hassle because the book got terrific towards the end and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to starting Memories of Ice, and if I had unexpectedly finished Deadhouse Gates while out of town I probably would have just gone out and purchased the next book. That's how much I was enjoying the story.

Movies: Gone Baby Gone - I thought this was a pretty interesting movie. I thought the pacing was interesting and enjoyed the acting and story. It was a bit challenging in what it was presenting, but I liked it.

Video Games (Portable): Final Fantasy V Advance - FF5 got some serious playtime on the flights back and forth, and I am enjoying the game. Even if there are way, way too many careers, abilities and spells to juggle. The encounter rate is ridiculously high as well, which can make some of the dungeons take forever. I'm still having fun with it, even if my party is not particularly strong.

Video Games (Home): None

No comments: