Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sbarro's

I continue to be mystified at how Sbarro can still be in business. Approximately once a year I'm suckered into thinking "Hey, you know what would be a good, some pizza...Oh hey, there's a Sbarro, I'll just go there". And every time the gross food reminds me exactly why I don't eat there.

The last time this happened I was at an airport, so my choices were particularly limited. That somewhat deflects the blame, but tonight I had any number of choices. Unfortunately I picked Arbys that happens to have a connected Sbarro and the drive through pictures tricked me into thinking I was going to be ordering something like pizza.

Of course, instead I ended up with the usual rubbery, reheated, slimy mess of a pizza slice. Just like every other time I've ever been there.

Can they possibly survive solely on the masses all making a once-a-year mistake and ordering from them? Apparently.

3 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

Apparently they're good at sucking people in! :P

Brenden said...

The last time I had Sbarro's it was a double whammy.

Allison and I were at Southdale and hungry.

The first whammy was actually going up to the food court. It has to be the worst mall food court in the Twin Cities, if not a wider range.

And then our thoughts were not unlike yours. "Mmm, pizza. I can't remember, but Sbarro's isn't that bad, right?"

Nasty. Hopefully we'll remember this next time.

Steve Eck said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one suckered into eating there!