Monday, June 30, 2008

No Wind

Tonight, instead of a host of various chores I could be doing, and partly to burn off all of the silly things* I've been eating while Linzy is out of town, I managed my first weekday bike ride of the season. Which is pretty crazy when you think about the fact that tomorrow is already July.

Technically I rode on Memorial day, but since I didn't work that day it was basically a weekend day. There are numerous reasons why I haven't been able to find the time to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays like previous years, but they all fall into the two usual categories: Time and Bad Weather.

Time-wise, I was out of town basically for three weeks straight in June and work has been particularly busy lately so I haven't been getting home until very late most nights. Then throw in some rain and/or ridiculously windy days, and I end up not doing any biking during the week.

Tonight however, it was gorgeous outside, a very pleasant temperature and virtually no wind. Even though I got home even later then normal, the sun doesn't set until 9:00 so I was able to get a ride in. It was really pleasant to ride without the stiff 15 mph winds (or worse) that we've had lately. Plus on the way home on 160th I got a good view of the setting sun.

It was great.

[ And by 'silly things' I mean that Chris and I were using Fritos Scoops to eat Allison's queso at the party last weekend. That might be the perfect storm of completely horrible-for-you foods that taste oh-so-good. ]

No comments: